Windsor Motors are Ireland’s Favourite Motor Group. Established in 1964 with 14 state-of-the-art locations nationwide, we employ over 350+ people and work with some of the world’s leading automotive brands. Having recently been recognised as one of Ireland's Best Managed Companies by Deloitte, it is our motivated and dedicated staff that lie at the core of our accomplishments. Through continued expansion across our group, we are now looking to recruit enthusiastic people who strive for excellence to join our team.
At Windsor we have been helping customers to buy and look after their cars for over 50 years. Whether you are looking for a new or used car, or need servicing or repairs for your current vehicle, you can trust us to give you the very best service.
Panel Beater Job Purpose
The purpose of the Panel Beater is to carry out repairs to vehicles to manufactures & Windsor standards.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager situated in our Windsor Bray location.
About the role:
The Panel Beater position is an integral role within the team, delivering front line, best-in-class service to Windsor Motor customers.
- To obtain work allocation/job card.
- To bring the vehicle into work bay.
- To assess job requirements.
- To inspect the car.
- To liaise with estimator if more work required/previous damage.
- To undertake panel repairs.
- To set up the jig.
- To further assess damage.
- To undertake repair work.
- To seal as required.
- To check quality.
- To transfer vehicle to paint shop.
- To work within and to improve upon allocated times for specific jobs.
- To achieve a high level of quality.
- To check with a high level of accuracy.
- To complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- To effectively communicate with the workshop.
- To contribute to team spirit and cooperation.
- To comply with all company Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- NB:the job description is a guideline and does not aim to detail every possible task and expectation.The job description may be subject to change from time to time
Knowledge and skills:
You are a highly motivated and passionate individual striving to provide an exceptional service to both our customers.
- Hold a full, clean driving licence or be working towards a full licence
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Possess good communication skills
- Be flexible in approach
- Have a positive attitude
- Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous
The hours of attendance are based on a 39 -hour week.