Windsor Motors are Ireland’s Favourite Motor Group. Established in 1964 with 14 state-of-the-art locations nationwide, we employ over 350+ people and work with some of the world’s leading automotive brands. Having recently been recognised as one of Ireland's Best Managed Companies by Deloitte, it is our motivated and dedicated staff that lie at the core of our accomplishments. Through continued expansion across our group, we are now looking to recruit enthusiastic people who strive for excellence to join our team.
At Windsor we have been helping customers to buy and look after their cars for over 50 years. Whether you are looking for a new or used car, or need servicing or repairs for your current vehicle, you can trust us to give you the very best service.
Workshop Foreperson Job Purpose
To control and manager the workshop throughput an to supervise technicians.
Reporting to the Aftercare Manager situated in our Deansgrange Location.
About the role:
The Workshop Foreperson position is an integral role within the team, delivering front line, best-in-class service to Windsor Motor customers.
- To schedule and issue repair and service work taking into consideration deadlines and technicians’ skill levels.
- To schedule collection and delivery plus cleaning and preparation work, taking deadlines into consideration.
- To supervise the service technicians and drivers/valetors and to monitor job progress.
- To undertake quality control checks.
- To advise on performance times and debrief technicians on job completion.
- To provide the technicians with technical support.
- To communicate with the Service Advisors and the Parts Department.
- To maintain equipment and tools.
- To receive, read and distribute technical bulletins and other technical information.
- To provide technical training.
- To attend dealership and manufacturer training programmes.
- NB the job description is a guideline and does not aim to detail every possible task and expectation. The job description may be subject to change from time to time.
You are a highly motivated and passionate individual striving to provide an exceptional service to both our customers.
- To achieve agreed performance targets.
- To professionally manage and train the technicians, provide leadership and promote an environment in which high productivity is encouraged and achieved.
- To accurately follow dealership and manufacturer procedures.
- To achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To ensure high standards of housekeeping and compliance with Health and Safety (and COSHH) procedures.
- To pro-actively contribute to departmental and inter-departmental teamwork and to be supportive of the overall company mission and related initiatives.
- To maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times.