Engine oil is the blood that flows through your vehicles veins. It is one of the most important fluids in your vehicle as it lubricates moving components within the engine. Engine oil will protect and ensures the longevity and health of your vehicle so it is important you keep it topped up and regularly changed at service intervals.
Here are some simple steps you can take to check your engine oil level and top up if required. If you are unsure, contact a Windsor AfterCare adviser today.
1. Ensure you have the correct grade oil for your engine. This will be outlined in your owners handbook.
2. Open the vehicles bonnet and secure with the strut provided.
3. Locate the engine oil cap and dipstick.
TIP: These will be coloured to help you identify. Note, some vehicles may require you to remove the engine cover.
4. Remove the dipstick and wipe the end clean.
5. Re-insert the dipstick into the vehicles engine.
6. Remove once more and inspect the oil level on the dipstick. The oil level will be shown between the two markers.
7. If the oil level is below 20%, top up.
TIP: Use a pouring aid such as a funnel to avoid spillages. Remember, pour slowly.
8. Re-insert the dipstick and check oil level once more if required.
9. Replace the engine cover if required and closed the bonnet. That's it, you're done!