Data Protection Statement for AfterCare Form
This statement describes how we use your personal information in connection with this contract with you. Please take the time to read it carefully. You have a number of rights in relation to your information including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests and where we process your information for direct marketing, to opt-out at any time.
The personal information collected by us includes your name, contact information, vehicle registration number, mileage and service history and any other information you provide to us or we collect during the servicing or repairing of your vehicle.
This notice is in addition to any other data protection or fair processing notice we may furnish you with when providing you with a product or service or a quotation.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” throughout this document refer to Windsor Motor Group and any associated companies from time to time.
If you have any questions about how your information is stored or managed, any questions about this statement or wish to exercise any of your privacy rights please contact our data protection compliance manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The purpose and legal basis for processing your information
We collect your personal information in order to process your booking and service or repair your vehicle under in order to enter into a contract with you. If you do not provide us some information that we request we may not be able to perform our contract but we will advise you if this is the case at the time.
We may also use your contact details to advise you of the date of your service or repair appointment, following your booking with us.
In order to process your personal information for this purpose, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
We may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes to make you aware of products and services which may interest you, in our legitimate interest. We may communicate with you by phone, post, email, text or through other digital media. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. We may as part of our marketing activities, where you do not object, contact you with a free quotation on changing your vehicle with us, while your vehicle is being repaired or serviced.
We may also carry out customer satisfaction surveys to make sure that we are delivering a good service. We may also send you service reminders and reminders of when your warranty period is due to expire. We carry out these activities for our legitimate business interest in developing relationships with our existing customers.
We may also use your personal information to manage our everyday business needs, including accounting, sharing your information within our company group for administrative purposes, and to prevent fraud. Where we do so we rely on our legitimate interest in the effective management of our business.
3. Your Information and Third Parties
4. Storage Periods
We may hold your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of completion of this contract or from the end date of any warranty period on the parts or work carried out by us, whichever is the later. We may hold this data for a longer period if we are legally required to do so.
5. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
6. Your Rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
1. check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information (you are also entitled to receive a copy of this information);
2. have any inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated or corrected;
3. erase personal information we hold about you;
4. stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful. If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
5. object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information; and
6. receive certain aspects of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that information transferred to you or another data controller.
7. Object to us using your information for direct marketing at any time.
8. Where the processing is based on consent, the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained in this order form. We will endeavour to respond to your request within one month. If we are unable to deal with your request within one month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. Please visit www.dataprotection.ie for more information.
7. Marketing from us-opt out
If you do not wish to hear from us about special offers and promotions by way of post, email, phone,
text or digital media please tick here:
You can object to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at the details set out above or following any of the unsubscribe links in our marketing material.
Marketing from the Manufacture or Distributor –Consent
If you consent to being contacted by the manufacturer or its appointed distributor by post, email, phone or text or other digital media to hear about special offers and promotions please tick here:
You can withdraw the above consent at any time by contacting us at the contact details set out above.